of Architecture




Students must be insured privately for health care in case of illness or accidents. The application of the bilateral agreement on the free circulation of persons between Switzerland and the European Union has established a reciprocal system of assistance for treatment under health insurance illness. Students from the EU should apply to their national health insurer for the European Health Insurance Card to apply for exemption from compulsory insurance. The European Health Insurance Card must be valid till the end of the student’s stay in Switzerland.

For non EU students who decide to live in Switzerland USI has agreed an health and accident insurance with a Swiss insurance company called "Academic Care".

More information at the enrollment office.

Health and accident



The liability insurance is optional but highly recommended. This insurance protects people against unwilling damage caused to third parties, for example damages caused during sports activities, whilst renting an apartment or as a pet owner.

Other information on health, accident and third-party liability insurance are available on:

Third-party liability

insurance (RC)